Our team works together to help our clients return to their full potential of physical functioning.
Pathways Therapy offers a variety of rehabilitation services including:
- Occupational Therapy
- Registered Massage Therapy
The Pathways team sees a client holistically and work collaboratively to help our client’s based on their needs.
Treatment can be provided in our 3400 square foot clinic, in the home, or in the community based on the client’s needs. When appropriate, we also see clients in hospitals, retirement homes or long-term care facilities.
- We are familiar with complex injuries and understand client needs when multiple and/or serious injuries/illness occurs and what treatment needs to happen in order to return to function
- We also work with clients with problems associated with aging or with chronic health conditions or disabilities.
- We are used to working with treatment teams (PT, OT, SLP, etc.) and see the client holistically, we are available to consult with all care providers
- We understand the needs of the client after a serious injury, include adhering to contraindications
- Our clinic is set up with the equipment necessary to have clients regain cardiovascular fitness and strength
- Complex injuries often happen in conjunction with neurological injuries.
Our physiotherapists will provide a individualized treatment program to address physical impairments and mobility issues. Treatment may a variety of activities such as development and progression of an exercise program, manual techniques, modalities, acupuncture, balance and strength training, stretching, cardiovascular conditioning and gait training. Home programs are provided as appropriate.
Occupational Therapy Treatment is focused on helping clients participate in their daily activities at including self care tasks, household activities, work, school, community and leisure activities. Treatment may focus on recommendations regarding equipment and assistive devices and development of strategies to improve functioning.
Kinesiology treatment typically involves exercise programs and/or functional retraining often completed in conjunction with physiotherapy treatment. Our kinesiologists also provide pool and gym programs.
Treatment by a registered massage therapist can have numerous benefits as part of a rehabilitation program for clients with both acute and chronic conditions. Our massage therapist has experience working with clients with a wide range of injuries.
Massage therapy can assist with:
- Reducing or eliminating pain.
- Improving joint mobility and muscle length
- Reducing muscular tension.
- Mobilizing adhesions and scar tissue.
- Improving circulation.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.