Physiotherapy is a regulated health profession that focuses on improving functioning. As a result, we help people improve strength, flexibility, balance and mobility including walking.
At Pathways Therapy we have extensive experience with neurological conditions and paediatrics. We also provide excellent care in the areas of complex care and trauma.
Our treatment model is 1:1 time with a Registered Physiotherapist during your session.
Physiotherapy for Adults:
We provide physiotherapy treatment to adults who have experienced a neurological illness or injury.
We offer neurological physiotherapy and rehabilitation including:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Other neurological illnesses
Our physiotherapists are also experienced in providing care in other areas of physiotherapy, including:
- Complex Care
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Concussion Management
- Amputee Rehabilitation
We provide unique treatment opportunities including:
- MyndMove physiotherapy for stroke and spinal cord injury rehab
- Equine-Assisted therapy
- Body-Weight Supported Treadmill Training
- Consultation or co-treatment with Music Therapy
Paediatric Physiotherapy focuses on improving movement, motor control, balance, strength, posture and range of motion.
We see children who are having difficulty meeting their motor milestones and for those with special needs.
Paediatric physiotherapy includes:
- Treatment for infants and toddlers to help reach developmental milestones
- Improve physical function to allow child to participate in activities with their peers
- Improvement in gross motor skills
- Engaging/fun kid friendly environment
- Treatment in schools or homes as appropriate
- Variety of treatment options:
- Age appropriate gross motor games
- Equine-Assisted Therapy Program
- Sensory Room
- Body-Weight Supported Treatment
- Kinect Gaming System
- Canine-Assisted Therapy – Tucker can join your therapy session
- Home programs and consultation with caregivers and families
Something that sets Pathways apart is the amount of experience we have with treating kids. We also have a fun and engaging environment set up for them at our clinic. This means that we can help to provide therapy for your child, while also making it fun!