We are proud to be the only private multi-disciplinary clinic in our area that offers a team that provides Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy to help your child. You can build the team that suits your needs.
Paediatric Speech Language Pathology
Our speech language pathologist can work with you to determine if your child is having difficulty with speech and language issues, and could use speech therapy. A speech assessment can determine if your child is having more difficulty than expected for his/her age with:
- Production of speech sounds (pronouncing words)
- Understanding spoken language
- Organizing and formulating spoken language
- Staying on topic, maintaining conversations with peers
- Organizing and formulating written language (If your child is struggling in school, this is an important piece to consider)
- Speaking fluently (getting words out with appropriate speed and pace, such as help with stuttering)
- Early literacy, understanding how sounds combine to make words (phonological awareness)
If you suspect that your child might be struggling with one of the above areas and would like some clarity around what is occurring for your child, we strongly recommend you consider a speech assessment.
A treatment program can be set up for any of the issues listed above. We offer both direct speech therapy treatment with a registered Speech Language Pathologist and/or consultation to you (home program). We can also travel to see your child in home or daycare (travel charges will apply).
Paediatric Occupational Therapy
Paediatric Occupational Therapy is focused on helping children overcome barriers in their every day lives so that they can develop the skills they need to succeed in friendships, at school and at home. Our Occupational Therapists can assess a child’s sensory processing, printing and writing skills, visual perceptual skills, developmental milestones, fine and gross motor skills, drawing skills, feeding issues and play skills. Our Therapists are focused on providing feedback to families and solutions that will help their day to day life. Our therapists can help with strategies, parent coaching or direct intervention as per the family’s choices. Our clinic has an engaging sensory room with suspended equipment with padded mats.
What to expect from Paediatric OT Assessment
Paediatric Physiotherapy focuses on improving movement, motor control, balance, strength, posture and range of motion.
Paediatric physiotherapy includes:
- Treatment for infants and toddlers to help them reach their developmental milestones
- Improve physical function to allow child to participate in activities with their peers
- Improvement in gross motor skills
- Engaging/fun kid friendly environment
- Treatment in schools or homes as appropriate
- Variety of treatment options: age appropriate gross motor games, equine program
- Home programs and consultation to caregivers
Something that sets Pathways apart is the amount of experience we have with treating kids, and the physical space we have set up for them. This is something different compared to other local PT places that may take cases with children, even though 98% of their business is adults.