Pathways Therapy provides both clinic based and in-home physiotherapy and occupational therapy to children with neurological, orthopaedic and respiratory problems.
About our Services
- We have experience in the treatment of children
- We have a family centered approach and believe strongly in education of the family, not only regarding a home program to follow but also regarding the philosophy of treatment. We strive to involve both parents and other caregivers in treatment and tailor the treatment program to the individual child’s needs and wants.
- In addition to treating children at our clinic in Waterloo we also provide services in their homes and in other settings such as school, the hospital, or a community pool.
- Our approach when treating children with neurological problems is the based on the Bobath or Neurodevelopmental Treatment Approach or NDT. This approach focuses on promoting normal movement and encouraging development through the normal developmental milestones.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Delay
- Autism/Pervasive Disorders
- Head Injuries
- Spina Bifida
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Neuromuscular conditions
- Sensory Disorders
- Orthopaedic Conditions
- Fine motor problems
- Any other conditions which are appropriate for physiotherapy or occupational therapy.