Our speech language pathologists can work with you to determine if your child is having difficulty with speech and language issues, and address these. A speech assessment can determine if your child is having more difficulty than expected for his/her age with:
- Production of speech sounds (pronouncing words)
- Understanding spoken language
- Organizing and formulating spoken language
- Organizing and formulating written language (If your child is struggling in school, this is an important piece to consider)
- Speaking fluently (getting words out with appropriate speed and pace, such as help with stuttering)
- Early literacy, understanding how sounds combine to make words (phonological awareness)
If you suspect that your child might be struggling with one of the above areas and would like some clarity around what is occurring for your child, we strongly recommend you consider a speech assessment.
A treatment program can be set up for the issues listed above, or other areas that you are concerned about. We offer direct treatment with a registered Speech Language Pathologist, direct treatment with an experienced Communicative Disorder Assistant, and/or consultation to you (home program). We can also travel to see you in home (travel charges will apply).
Please contact Pathways Therapy for additional information regarding Speech and Language Therapy.