Physiotherapy is a regulated health profession concerned with improving the physical functioning of our clients. We help people improve strength, flexibility, balance and mobility including walking.
At Pathways Therapy we have extensive experience with neurological conditions and paediatrics. We also provide excellent care in the areas of complex care and trauma.
Our treatment model is 1:1 time with a Registered Physiotherapist during your session. That means you always have individualized assessment, treatment and the attention of your Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy for Adults:
We provide physiotherapy treatment to adults who have experienced a neurological illness or injury.
We offer experience in neurological rehabilitation including:
- Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Other neurological illnesses
Our therapists are also experienced in providing care in other areas of physiotherapy, including:
- Complex Care
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Concussion Management
- Amputee Rehabilitation
We provide unique treatment opportunities by providing specialized forms of care, including:
- Equine-Assisted therapy
- Body-Weight Supported Treadmill Training
- Consultation or co-treatment with our Music Therapist
Paediatric Physiotherapy focuses on improving movement, motor control, balance, strength, posture and range of motion.
We see children who are having difficulty meeting their motor milestones and provide education to families who are providing care to children with special needs.
Paediatric physiotherapy includes:
- Treatment for infants and toddlers to help them reach their developmental milestones
- Improve physical function to allow child to participate in activities with their peers
- Improvement in gross motor skills
- Engaging/fun kid friendly environment
- Treatment in schools or homes as appropriate
- Variety of treatment options:
- Age appropriate gross motor games
- Equine-Assisted Therapy Program
- Sensory Room
- Body-Weight Supported Treatment
- Kinect Gaming System
- Canine-Assisted Therapy – Tucker can join your therapy session
- Home programs and consultation to caregivers
Something that sets Pathways apart is the amount of experience we have with treating kids, and the physical space we have set up for them. We can help to provide therapy for your child, while also making it fun!